Why Choose La Salle Academy
La Salle Academy – accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges and a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence – is one of the oldest Catholic high schools in New York City, serving young men for 168 years. Rich in tradition, service to the community and to a higher ideal, La Salle offers a host of innovative programs, all with the goal of providing the kind of rigorous academic curriculum and focus needed to advance our students to the upper echelon of America’s finest colleges and universities:
- La Salle Works, our internship program, thrusts upperclassmen into real world work environments.
- La Salle in the CITY, an action-based learning program, uses sites around New York City and beyond as the classroom.
- La Salle Reads, an intense summer reading program, encourages students to keep their skills sharp and expand their minds to earn handsome rewards.
- LA SALLE @2:30, features 35 different afterschool programs, all designed to provide mentoring and guidance in the critical areas of math, science and the language skills.
- LA SALLE Digital Learning advances our integrated technology curriculum with an online distance learning program that increases our academic offerings, smartboards in every classroom and a tablet in the hands of every incoming freshmen thanks to a partnership with Microsoft Corp.
- LA SALLE Athletics has a rich history of storied sports teams that have won a host of city championships. Sports at La Salle include baseball, basketball, bowling, handball, soccer and track and field.
- LA SALLE Serves includes our Campus Ministry Office, which encourages spiritual growth and participation in the sacramental life of the Catholic Church through liturgy, community service and education.
- LA SALLE Supports includes several programs aimed at helping students reach their full academic potential, including summer readiness programs, SAT Prep and special education services.
- LA SALLE’S University Partnerships include multi-pronged STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) initiatives with one of the top universities in the city, The Cooper Union.
- LA SALLE’S Scholarships and Financial Aid. We strive to welcome all prospective students regardless of their families’ financial situation. La Salle has many tuition assistance options, and of the leading Catholic high schools in New York City, we are among the most affordable.
In 2016, we welcomed our biggest freshmen class in years, with a waiting list for the first time in nearly three decades. And there’s good reason. Young men from all over New York City are clamoring to get into La Salle because we put our students on a path to academic success. We are proud of our 98% graduation rate and 98% college acceptance rate. In addition, 95% of our 2016 graduating class are college bound.