La Salle Academy views the dress code as an important component of its educational philosophy. The code instills a sense of personal pride and responsibility in the students. It allows us to maintains a serious work environment to aid the student’s learning and to prepare them for a professional career.
The LSA Dress Code includes the following:
- Blue, black, khaki, brown, or gray slacks are to be worn with a belt. The following are unacceptable: all jeans, patch pocket or cargo pants, work pants, warm-up pants, or rumpled, oversized or baggy pants. You may purchase pants from the following stores: JC Penney’s, Sears, Macy’s and The Gap.
Dress Shirt and La Salle Tie:
- The shirt is to be a blue or white collared dress shirt with long or short sleeves. It must always be worn tucked in and the collar buttoned. Shirts must be a solid color. No plaid or stripped shirts allowed. Turtlenecks and knit polo shirts are also not acceptable even if they have a collar. Students are required to wear a tie. It is preferred that students wear either a black or red school tie (School ties are available in our Book Store). You may purchase shirts from the following stores: JC Penney’s, Sears, Macy’s and The Gap.
La Salle Sweater/Vest:
- These are obtained through our Book Store and are available in red or black and must be worn at all times. No sweatshirts of any type are allowed. ONLY Seniors may wear a suit jacket in lieu of the sweater.
Leather Dress Shoes:
- Dress shoes must be either brown or black in color and socks must be worn. The following are unacceptable: athletic shoes of any type (including black leather Adidas, Reebok, Nike, or other athletic brand shoes), boots, canvas hiking shoes, and sandals. Also, no designer brand name shoes such as prada. Sneakers are to be worn ONLY in gym class.
Warm Weather Dress Code:
- During the warm weather students are not required to wear their suit jackets or sweaters and tie. Students may wear a La Salle polo shirt (obtained through our Book Store) or a blue or white dress shirt. All other rules of dress code continue to apply, including dress pants and dress shoes.
- No electronic devices, except cell phones are permitted in the school building at anytime. The cell phones must be turned off once inside the building. They may be confiscated and held in the main office if used flippantly during class or in an inappropriate manner.
- Students are to avoid extreme hairstyles and facial hair must be well-trimmed. Hair may not be below the collar.
- A La Salle Academy Gym shirt is required for participation in gym class.
- Earrings/Piercings are NOT permitted. Band Aids to conceal a fresh piercing is NOT Permitted.
For a Printable PDF versions of the Dress Code: